If you are a non-corporate taxpayer in India, then you can easily check your income tax refund status online. Here are 3 ways to check income tax refund status:
1) To check your income tax refund status online:
- Log in to the NSDL website.
- Enter your PAN number, choose the Assessment year and click on submit.
2) Status of the refund can also be tracked by contacting the help desk of SBI at toll free number: 18004259760 or 080-26599760 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) ‘Refund paid’ status is displayed in the ‘Tax Credit Statements’ in Form 26AS. You can view that online by logging into your account on www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and then clicking on My Account tab. Note that if you are not registered at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, you’ll first have to register to view your Form 26AS.
My income tax refund has been dispatched but I have not received it yet?
You can contact the local post office with the speed post ref. no displayed at the NSDL website. You can also check the dispatch status at speed post website.
Whom should I contact for refund related queries?
For any refund related query you should contact Aaykar Sampark Kendra at 0124 2438000 or email at email@example.com. For refund related query or any modification in refund record relating to Return processed at CPC Bangalore, the CPC may be contacted by the taxpayer on 18004252229 or 080-43456700.
Hope you were able to check the status of your income tax refund now. Please post your queries regarding income tax refunds, if any.